Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Popeye Meets Bluebeard - Chivalry Is Not Dead

I ran into an old sailing buddy of mine the other day in Kannapolis, N.C. We were old friends and the years melted away as we reminisced. But then I introduced him to my wife Sue…

That’s when he attempted to steal her away from me. At first I could only look down in shame.

But then, remembering him to be the scoundrel which he always was, I had an idea.

Sneaking up on his port quarter, I was able to gain the advantage and soon attacked, with nothing but my wits and fists to obtain my goal.
  
It was a short and heated battle, with your correspondent maintaining the advantage throughout the engagement.
  
And that’s the story of how I fought and won a fight for my wife’s love at the museum the other day. It worked out well.

We made a brand new friend, who has given up his barbarous ways and now knows his proper place in the world. In the end, my wife’s beauty tamed the beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment