Friday, August 12, 2011

"Who's On First?" with Abbott and Costello



I want the day off, so I'm just posting one of my favorite Abbott and Costello pieces. There are so many permutations of this bit, from movies to TV and radio appearances, each one slightly different due to the timing and the audience reactions. This one is from the movie "The Gay Nineties."

When I was a kid one of my favorite shows on television was the "Abbott and Costello Show". I loved watching them screw Mr. Fields out of the rent with their unique brand of mathematics. But the "Who's On First?" routine is still one of my favorite bits of comedy. I actually have this in MP3 for listening in the car. There is no accounting for taste...

While browsing through You Tube I came across this gem from the Bush years in the White House. It's based on the above routine and is very funny. It involves President Bush finding out that President Hu has become the new head of China.

No comments:

Post a Comment