Friday, October 12, 2012

"One Short Night" - Grace Potter (2010)


When it comes to music, we all have our private little niches which we enjoy. When I was younger it seemed so much easier to become exposed to newer and different music than it is today. With the advent of satellite radio, and other technologies, it has become easier to not hear a new sound which you might otherwise have been enjoying for a few years. This is the case, for me, with Grace Potter.
Although the name was lingering on the edge of my consciousness, I had never really taken the time to seek out her music. If this were 1967 I would have already heard her music in the eclectic mix which was the signature of AM radio. What made me seek this artist out; several years late; was a short hello to my neighbor, Linda. She had commented that the weather didn’t look too good for an outdoor concert she was set to see that night. When I asked who it was see was going to see, she replied Grace Potter. I knew the name, but not the artist. So, off to You Tube went I.

This was the third video I watched, and immediately grabbed my guitar to try and figure it all out. It’s a very cleverly done video; Ms. Potter at home with her band; rehearsing for a concert. Halfway through the video, the scene shifts to the live concert seamlessly. Now, that’s talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment