Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring - An Annual Renewal

Spring is back, with a vengeance! Pollen coats our cars every morning, trees are blooming and the whole cycle of renewal is taking shape right before us.

It's easy to overlook, but important to be cognizant of, this important time of the year. I took this photo while driving around Huntersville today. The beauty of the scene was, to me, symbolic of this cycle. The trees are blooming, as they have for decades, or longer, over the graves of the departed. I have always taken comfort from the idea that somehow the tree gets to absorb the deceased, believing that to be the way to true immortality for us.

I don't know what this year will be like, no predictions. Just a deep conviction that this cycle will keep on turning long after we have passed. And that's a big weight off my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment