Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sue's Trees

Basically speaking I am a somewhat self absorbed person. I say this without pride, or shame, it's just the way I am. I'm kind of at the center of my own universe, and while I recognize the existence of the other planets and stars as they twirl and sparkle around me, if a few of them went missing I probably won't take notice. At least not right away.

So, you can imagine my surprise when a man and woman showed up at our door yesterday morning with this 20 foot tall Pin Oak tree. Sue had told me about it, but I had totally forgotten. Not an unusual thing.

It's a beautiful tree, one that will grow quickly and provide shade from the summer sun, and then give us leaves for composting in the fall. Sue is the gardener, I would probably never have done much to the outside of any of the homes we have lived in. It's always been Sue, digging and planting, that has made all of our homes look so nice.

We're not sure how long we plan on staying in our current home, but the trees and landscaping Sue has done, has made it all the more beautiful to live here while we explore our options. And, when the patio is done, we can sit under the tree and think about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment