Sunday, November 6, 2011

Time Change - The Semi Annual Shuffle

It didn't make much sense to me last year, and still doesn't this year, but all the clocks were re-set last night before I went to bed. Now, today I will go through the annual ritual of getting in my car and, just for a brief instant, wonder how I lost an hour! Then I will reset that clock and everything will be back to normal.

One of the greatest benefits about this semi-annual event is that now there won't be as many kids waiting for the school buses in the pre-dawn darkness. They will just be trying to walk home safely in an earlier twilight. Someone has said that this is safer for the children, as well as saving us money. But, at the age of 57, I'm still not convinced.

It's a day off for me. And one hour longer to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment