Friday, October 6, 2023

Ramblewood Road


Of all the things my eyes have seen
in waking moments, fresh from dreams,
there is a memory still cuts keen
as sun cuts at the dawning.

I'd look at her there curled in sleep
afraid to move, I'd almost weep
at beauty that could cut so deep,
I'd wait to see her yawning.

Pondering how it came to be
that such beauty lay with me.
I'd watch her breathe and wait to see
her eyes light up the morning.

Wondering how, we'd come together
her first sigh, light as a feather,
became a crash like thunderous weather
her storm was as a warning.

Her sighs, her cries, her very eyes
were bright, as were the morning skies.
Her beauty almost made me cry
as I felt her body warming.

A touch, a kiss, afraid to miss
the smallest move which brought such bliss.
She opened like a blossom kissed
with dew from summer's storming.

These memories come from long ago
and speak of love I'd not yet known.
Remembering now how much I'd grown
I find myself in mourning.


For Leslie Ann Billmire
Hereford High School
Baltimore Maryland
1940-1989

If anyone has a photo of Leslie I would love to have a copy to post with this poem.
You can reach me at robertrswwilliams@yahoo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment