Wednesday, September 15, 2021

The Missing Moon


 
I haven't seen the moon in months,
I mourn its friendly light
I miss the beams and smiling rays
Of its loving sight.

The craters of its face were like
A friend I need to see
Could it be so, I would bring
Those craters back to me.

Its cold light warmed my heart and soul
And helped soothe me to sleep
The stars all paled to the warmth
Its smile always brought to me.

I cannot go outside to glimpse
The phase that it is in.
And to not know again its face 
Is likened to a sin.

To think that I once complained
Its light kept me from sleep
Makes me sad, now I'd be glad
That count again to keep.

The moon that sets the cycles
Of both space and time
I'd  welcome back, it makes me sad
To miss what once was mine.

Oh Moon how I have wronged thee
On nights when you were full
And even in your quarter states
The tides that you would pull.

I write these words at 3 AM
On a night I cannot sleep
For missing you is something that
I shamelessly do weep.


3 AM September 15th, 2021
Photo by Barry Bloom



 

No comments:

Post a Comment