Tuesday, August 18, 2015

"Paper Doll" by Molly Hart (2015)

One of the best things that can happen to me on any given day is receiving a box of stuff from Molly and Julia, my granddaughters who live in Rochester, New York. Due to circumstances beyond my control I don't get to see them except by digi-cam. But the boxes of stuff kind of keep me connected to them.

This paper doll cutout was drawn by Molly, who is 6 years old. It has hair! It's definitely going up in the kitchen- probably on the refrigerator. And it immediately put me to mind of the old song by the Mills Brothers, which is one of my all time favorites. Here they are on TV sometime in the 1950's, singing about the paper doll my granddaughter was going to make for me in about 50 years. I don't know how they knew about that...


No comments:

Post a Comment