Friday, May 11, 2012

"Rainbows Over Your Blues" - John Sebastian (1970)


No one who has seen the film "Woodstock" can forget the very stoned John Sebastian coming out to perform this song. This version is live from, I think, the Mike Douglas show in 1970. I used to come home from school and find my Mom watching some pretty cool stuff on that show. And Mr. Douglas was no slouch himself. He's the man that got John and Yoko to guest host his show for a week in 1970, or maybe 1971.

Anyway, feeling a bit lazy today, and thinking of the old songs from the summer of love. With temperatures rising here, it's hard not to feel like going up and laying on the old roof in Brooklyn. With only a 6 transistor radio; 7 stories up and less than 1 mile from the ocean;  I was king of the sky! The old AM radio stations made many a summer day tolerable back then. Well; cartoon tomorrow; and see you Sunday!

RAINBOWS ALL OVER YOUR BLUES
John Sebastian - 1970

I been waiting my time just to talk to you,
You´ve been lookin´all down in the mouth and down at your shoes.
Well, baby, I came to give you the news,
I´ll paint rainbows all over your blues.

I heard you been spending a lot of your time up in your room,
And at night you been watchin´ the dark side of the moon.
You don´t talk to nobody, if they don´t talk to you.
So, Buddy and me came here to sing you a tune.

"I give up" is all you´ve really got to say,
It´s time to find a new life style 'cause this really ain´t the way.
Let´s go for a bounce on my trampoline,
I can show you the prettiest mountains that you´ve ever seen.

You better run to your closet,
and fish out your blue suede shoes,
I´ll paint rainbows all over your blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment