Monday, February 13, 2012

My Boyfriend Went Vegan



I have been disgusted with PETA ever since the time they made the kids cry at the Thanksgiving Day Parade. That was 10 years ago, when they were trying to make their point while holding signs up in front of small children depicting the horrible scenes in a slaughterhouse. But if I thought THAT was offensive, this new on-line ad, scheduled for TV release tomorrow, goes way further in the category of poor taste than even I would have imagined. And I have quite an imagination!

If you haven't seen this yet, you will soon. It's about the most offensive commercial I have ever seen from a so-called charity, or aid group. And it offends on several levels. First, it implies the boyfriend has become a super stud simply by going Vegan. Secondly, it depicts the woman as having "wanted it", "enjoyed it", and then even "coming back for more". All rapists take note, this could work out well for your defense. Just tell 'em you went Vegan and it's not your fault...

If this commercial is an indication of what your brain looks like as a vegetarian, then order me a double cheeseburger real quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment