Wednesday, January 19, 2011

He Ain't Heavy - And NOT My Brother!


There I was, taking the day to myself, not wishing to write about anything at all, when into my line of fire comes this latest example of what clean urine and a college degree can do to you.

While speaking at a church, moments after his Inauguration as Governor of Alabama, Mr. Bentley actually said, "Anybody here today who has not accepted Jesus Christ as their saviour, I'm telling you, you're not my brother and you're not my sister, and I want to be your brother."

I just got off the phone with the Governor's Office in Birmingham, I'm like that when I get pissed off, I make calls, and I left the following message. "I do not want you as my brother. I had a brother, and it took me years to get rid of him. I have had people tell me that they thought of me as a brother while they stole from me. Please convey to the Governor that I do not desire a brother, and as such, he is unwelcome, and unfit to fill the position."

The woman taking the message was a bit annoyed and angry, but polite. I had to correct her on the spelling of a couple of words, like brother, but I should have anticipated that. Here's the direct line if you care to weigh in with the Governor's Office;

334-242-7100. Tell them Rob with Rooftop sent you.

Now, please, can I go back to what I wasn't doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment