Thursday, February 18, 2010

Who Are You?

I've been getting alot more hits lately and I'm beginning to wonder who is out there looking at this blog. And, more importantly, how did you get here?

I love this drawing by Sarah Hoffman. This was done in 1995 when she was 7 years old. It reminds me of the faceless ones who pass through here. I can almost see you...but not quite.

I'd love to do something where you leave a comment to this with a brief description of who you are and what you do. Kind of a public art project. No personal information is necessary. I respect the desire to protect your anonymity. I just want to get a little closer to the readers. Tell me what you like, or don't, about this site.

And thanks for dropping in, Rooftop Reviews will be 1 year old at the end of March. I started it out of boredom and as a way to keep track of my reading. When I started getting comments and e-mails I was hooked. When I started getting books in the mail for free I was amazed!

Now I'm hoping for some feedback and a closer look at who you are.

2 comments:

  1. Well, looks like I'll be the first to comment on this post.

    I'm Georgia, I'm in Visual Arts, I stumbled upon your blog by a Google search wanting to more about the Villon poem that is in the movie The Petrified Forest, which I just saw for the first time only last Wednesday (and can't believe I've never seen before then). I loved the poem (just as I loved the movie) and was curious to know more about it. Tonight, sick with an upper- and lower-respiratory infection, I've come back to my laptop and your blog to see more. I've become fascinated with your story that you have laid out in It's Only Me, and have thoroughly enjoyed your writing, even in the non-bio posts going all the way back as I browse throughout your blog. I'm so curious as to why your blog/writing suddenly stopped in January of 2016, as a year long break without mention of taking a break seems like a long time. I have taken breaks from my blogs, too. But always when something somewhat life-altering happened to cause me to do so. I hope all is well with you, as I enjoy the way you write and would love to see you return. If you did, I would follow what is written here. If not, thank you for what you have written and gifted to those of us who stumbled upon it. By the way, I just love this painting. I have a five-year-old son who has quite a creative mind that come through in his art. I love the way kids create... with no restrictions or filters. From a fellow journeyer to another, all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was supposed to say "by a Google search, wanting to *know* more..."
    =)

    ReplyDelete