Sunday, February 21, 2010

Jill Dineen Blues Band- Blues with Gusto

We Saw The Jill Dineen Blues Band last night at The Irish Cue in Cornelius, or Lake Norman if you prefer. They can count on me to show up and soak in their gutsy brand of blues any time.

Covering everything you can imagine, they opened with some traditional stuff like "I Don't Believe" and Otis Redding's "I've Been Loving You Too Long."The piano player, Mike Peters ,took a turn at vocals delivering a truly admirable version of the Allman Brothers' "Ain't Wasting Time No More." From there Ms. Dineen took back the vocals with one of my all time favorites "At the Dark End of the Street." Melts me every time I hear it.

Solid work on guitar by Jim Snyder, and the driving force of Harold "Woodstock" Woodside on bass along with the steady, insistent drum work by Jimmy Honeycutt made this another outstanding Jill Dineen Blues Band performance.

It's hard to hold an audience's attention on any given night- but throw in some pool tables and you have a heavy task before you. The Jill Dineen Blues Band lives up to that challenge in any setting. Check them out at www.jilldineen.com and I'll see you at the next show!

No comments:

Post a Comment