Monday, January 10, 2022

Waves; No Waivers

It comes in waves, but never wavers,
there is no cure, and no Life Savers.
Just ride it through, it never changes.
A one day break, occassionally savored.

My friends all help and pull me through,
and Sue does all that she can do,
to steer me past these mountainous ranges
of endless views, no changing flavors.

I parse the info which my way passes,
with pain so pure, yet still amasses.
But I hang on, no hope in sight,
I'll never go without a fight.

I know I'll lose, so there's no fright,
there is no wrong, there is no right.
I soldier on, my endless march,
my frailty mixed with ironed starch.

No rain can wither a suit of mail,
a knight in sunlight, in a hopeless jail,
therein which dwells an optimist
who never cries for what he's missed.

What sustains me, I do not know,
so, I'll remain to see the show.
And how it ends, thats the part,
which marks the man, and shows the heart.

And, when they bring the curtain down,
I'll not ask another round.
I've proved my point and shown my mettle,
there'll be no accounts for me to settle!

No comments:

Post a Comment