Friday, December 28, 2012

"Taking a Cab" - Steven Parker

The following was in my e-mail the other day, placed there by none other than the inimitable Steven Parker, an old school mate from long ago. Well, maybe not that long ago! All things are relative; to me, music from the 1980’s is new; so, you must be the judge. Anyway, here is his story. True; or not; it is sure to make you smile. Thanks, Steve!

At this time of the year, when the roadblocks come up with great regularity, I would like to share a personal experience with my friends about drinking and driving. As you well know, some have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on the way home from an occasional social session over the years.
A couple of nights ago, I was out for an evening with friends and had a couple of cocktails and some rather nice wine. Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before ~ I took a cab home. Sure enough, I passed a police road block but, since it was a cab, they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident, which was a real surprise; as I have never driven a cab before and am not sure where I got it or what to do with it now that it's in my garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment