Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Future String Band

This is the Future String Band. I'm the old guy in the center. The girls are both my Granddaughters, Aliyah, 6 years old and on the right with a quarter sized Carlo Rubelli guitar. The little one, looking down at the ukele, is Trinity, aged 3. They both have a sense of rhythm, along with a love of music.

They have left to go home to Texas after being here for 5 weeks to visit their Dad. I'm not much of a kid person, but these two will charm you senseless. Their individual personalities are already forming; the older one is a bit stubborn and has a way of getting what she wants; while the younger one is truly impassioned and has lots to say, although the words don't always come out right yet.

The real shocker to me is that they actually like me! This amazes me to no end. I don't like me - so why should they? Is it the beard? Or the guitar? Maybe it's the stories I tell them and they have no idea what I am talking about, all the while enraptured with whatever it is that I am saying? I don't know. But it will be great to see them grow up and find out what they think about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment