Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Only Smart Move I've Ever Made



The photo above was taken in 1985. That's Sue on the Manhattan side of the Brooklyn Bridge before South Street Seaport came along and replaced the Fish Market. It was a gloriously deserted and somewhat dangerous place to hang out.

The point I want to make is this- When I met Sue she was engaged, ring and all. But I wanted her- and in the only smart move I've ever made I pursued her. Today it would be called stalking I suppose. But I won.

I have been really sick this week with stuff relating to my HLA B27- and Sue has taken care of me in every way possible. I never knew, or realized how much I am loved. Too busy thinking about the bad stuff in the past to be thankful for what I have in the here and now.

So this is my public thank you to my partner in life. And Sue, I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment